Article Assignment 2 (25 Points Total—5% of Your Grade)
Since the TAMUC library databases no longer permit you access to the particular journal that the following article is in, I have uploaded the article entitled “What Managers Do? A Critical Review of the Evidence” written by Colin P. Hales in 1986 under the “Course Materials” content tab. In the space provided below, provide the complete citation for this article (as you would on a reference page of a paper you would write in a college course), following the APA Guidelines that I provided you in the “Course Materials” tab of D2L. This part of the assignment is worth 10 points. Then, read the article and answer the five questions listed below, in the designated “Answer:” space that I have provided. Each question is worth 3 points. Submit your completed assignment to the appropriate “Submission Folder” in D2L. This assignment is due by 11:30 PM on March 2, 2021.
Delete this sentence and provide the reference citation here, in proper APA format (as you would cite it on a reference page). *Hint: It will start with the author’s last name…
1. Approximately how many years of research does Hales review in his article?
2. In reviewing the research on managerial work, who views managerial work as ‘self-contained’?
3. Sayles, Mintzberg, Stewart, and Kotter all provide insights on which three managerial tasks?
4. With respect to how managers allocate their time, Burns (1957) found that managers spend what percentage of their time on ‘general management policy’?
5. According to Hales, what is the third weakness of the existing studies of managerial behavior?